How do I download and install MiKandi?
To get MiKandi on your Android device, just follow these three simple steps:
- Change your device’s settings to allow downloads from unknown sources. To do so, go to Menu> Settings> Applications. Check the box next to Unknown Sources.
- Go to mikandi.com or m.mikandi.com on your mobile browser and hit the blue ‘Download Now’ button to start downloading.
- Once the download is complete, you will see a notification prompting you to install. Hit Install and you’re done!
I don’t see the blue ‘Download Now’ button when I go to mikandi.com on my mobile browser. What’s up?
When you access mikandi.com on an Android device, you should be prompted to download the MiKandi App Store. But it looks like your device is being shy and isn’t telling us it’s an Android. Don’t worry, we’ve got your back! Go to m.mikandi.com (don’t forget the extra “m”!) on your mobile browser to download MiKandi. Remember, you have to manually install MiKandi after downloading. You will be prompted to do so after the download is complete.
My Android doesn’t have the ‘Unknown Sources’ checkbox. Why not?
If you have an Android with AT&T you cannot download any non-Market applications. AT&T has restricted this feature on all of their Android devices.
However, the good folks at Android Central have found a way around AT&T’s restriction… no rooting required! Sideload the MiKandi App Store on your AT&T Android by following the video tutorial below.
Why does MiKandi request a “Phone calls: Read phone state” security permission?
This permission does not allow MiKandi to make phone calls or read your contacts, but instead provides us the correct device information so that we only show you the apps that work on your device.
Will MiKandi work on my iPhone?
While we have plans to make be cross-platform mobile app store for adults, MiKandi is available on Android devices only at this time. To stay up to date with MiKandi news and announcements, follow us on Twitter @MiKandiStore, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our blog.
What is MiKandi Gold?
MiKandi Gold is the universal currency of the MiKandi App Store. We covert currency to MiKandi Gold, and you can use that gold to purchase apps and other virtual goods.
How do I download apps?
You don’t need a MiKandi account to download a free app. But note that if you aren’t logged in, you won’t be able to leave a rating or review. So if you like to leave your feedback it would be a good idea to register your account or log in before you download an app.
To download a free app:
- Browse the app store for Free Apps or search for the app you wish to download.
- Open the app description and hit Install.
To purchase an app, you must be logged in with your MiKandi account and have available gold in your MiWallet.
To purchase an app:
- Register a MiKandi account or log in with your MiKandi account.
- Purchase a bundle of MiKandi Gold. To buy gold, go to MiAccount, chose the bundle you wish to buy, and follow the instructions to purchase gold via credit card.
- Browse the app store for Paid Apps or search for the app you wish to purchase.
- Open the app description and hit Buy. Your MiWallet will be deducted by the amount of gold needed to purchase the app.
Can I download apps from MiKandi.com?
No, you can only download apps from the MiKandi App Store.
How do I register an account or log in to the MiKandi App Store?
When you open the MiKandi App Store, you will be asked to register your account or log in. You can choose to skip this step, and register or log in at a later time by going to MiAccount.
If you are new to MiKandi, enter your desired MiKandi ID (username), a password, confirm password, verify your age, and agree to our Terms of Service.
If you already have a MiKandi account, log in with your username and password.
MiKandi will keep you logged in even if you exit the app. To log out, hit Menu> Logout.
Will I see charges from MiKandi on my phone bill or my credit card bill?
No, you will not see any charges from MiKandi on your phone bill.
You will see transactions on your credit card bill every time you purchase a bundle of MiKandi Gold. Look for transactions from IOBILLING.
An app I downloaded from MiKandi is asking for my credit card information. Is it safe?
Apps with in-app purchases that are approved by MiKandi will allow you to access your MiWallet from within the app. A MiKandi approved app should not ask for your credit card information, and all transactions will be in MiKandi Gold.
Some apps may ask for your credit card information to access more content once you’ve already downloaded an app. It’s important to know that these apps are not endorsed or sponsored by MiKandi- only MiKandi will ask you for such information. Please notify us if an app is asking for your credit card. If you choose to give your credit card information, make sure you trust the source, as you will be dealing with that developer with any future disputes.
Are the apps in MiKandi safe?
It’s important to note that applications on MiKandi are not subject to review and once published, are available within minutes on the marketplace.
Developers assume full responsibility for everything they publish on MiKandi. They want to deliver safe, fun, and sexy apps to you. But things happen. There may be occasional risks and problems with developer applications. Therefore, we encourage users to practice “safe downloading”.
What is Safe Downloading?
You should take precautions before downloading anything (mobile or web). We’ve compiled a short list of helpful guidelines that all should practice.
- Put on your sleuth cap. Research the developer of the application before downloading. Applications in the MiKandi marketplace are not created by MiKandi. Developers use our marketplace to connect with you, the end user. So before you hop into bed with an app, get some details on the Developer. A Developer’s contact information is found in the app description. If it’s not, just give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you the info.
- Be cautious who you share your location with. Some apps allow you to share your location with the Developer, friends, or public at large. Refer to Guideline #2 and find out why the app you want needs that information. There are many fun apps out there that require access to your location.
- Listen to the tribe. MiKandi’s review process is driven by the community, as opposed to imposing our own review process. We leave the feedback to our community of users. Take note of what other end-users are saying about the app you want.
- Report abuse. Obviously, illegal content is NOT tolerated on MiKandi. If you discover an app with illegal content, please report the app in question at email@example.com
What do I do if I’ve been charged multiple times for an application download or gold bundle purchase?
First verify that you were charged multiple times. In the MiKandi App Store, go to MiAccount> History. You will see a list of all of your transactions. You can check your transaction history on MiKandi.com by logging in and going to Purchases under your Profile.
Contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org with the transaction ID, and we will issue you a refund. Please indicate in your message if the purchase was for an app or for MiKandi Gold.
How do I delete apps from my phone?
To delete an app from your device, go to Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications. Select the app you wish to delete and hit Uninstall.
Your feedback is important, so we encourage you to rate and review the app.
Can I get a refund on an application?
MiKandi Gold is non-refundable. However, if an app that you purchased does not work, was not accurately represented, or contains illegal content, MiKandi will credit you the gold you spent to purchase the app. See our Sales and Returns Policy for more information.
I downloaded an app but can’t find it on my phone. Where is it?
You must manually install MiKandi and our apps after downloading. Once a download is complete, you will see a notification prompting you to install. If you don’t, drag down your notifications bar, select the download, and hit Install.
If you’ve already cleared your notifications, go to My Downloads, and search for the app. You can also access your apps in the MiKandi App Store by going to MiAccount> MiApps.
Can I rate and review the apps that I’ve downloaded?
Your feedback is highly encouraged. To leave rate and review an app via the MiKandi App Store, go to MiAccount> MiApps and select the app you wish to review.
You can also leave your feedback by logging in to MiKandi.com.
What should I do if someone is using my content without my permission?
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/), MiKandi will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement that are reported to MiKandi’s designated copyright agent identified below. Please also note that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability. MiKandi reserves the right at its sole and entire discretion, to remove content and terminate the accounts of MiKandi users/developers who infringe, or appear to infringe, the intellectual property or other rights of third parties. If you believe that your copy written work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide MiKandi’s copyright agent the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the Website;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit MiKandi to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit MiKandi to contact the complaining party, including a name, address, telephone number and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
All claims of copyright infringement on or regarding this Website should be delivered to MiKandi’s designated copyright agent at the following address:
We apologize for any kind of misuse of our service and promise to do our best to find and terminate abusive files.